| Charlotte Halliwell
| Biographical information |
|Name:||Parker Charlotte Halliwell|
|Born:||June 30th, 2009|
|Marital:||Dating Eric Sullivan|
|Occupation:||Teacher at Magic School|
|Height:||5' 4½" (1,64 m)|
|Magic and Powers|
|Portrayed by:||Leighton Meester|
|Seasons:||1, 2, 3, 4|
|First seen:||1x01 Something Wicca This Way Comes...Again...Again|
Charlotte is the middle child of Phoebe Halliwell and Coop and the peacemaker between her two sisters, Prue and Cassandra Halliwell. Parker or Charlotte (Charlie, as she prefers to be called), was born in the Halliwell Manor. Curiously, she came to this world in a time without magic for magical beings. Wyatt and Prue were both born on days with no magic at all. The only difference is that when Charlotte was born, the mortals beings were the ones with magic.
She had a normal childhood like her cousins and sisters. Charlotte prefers her cupid side instead of her witch side. She doesn´t run away from a demon fight but she enjoys more being a matchmaker. That´s why she is so close to her father. It doesn´t mean that she´s not close to her mother, after all, Phoebe is always in favor of love. But she spent a lot of time with her father when she started receiving tasks and comes to ask him advice when it comes to matching souls.
All her life, Charlotte acted as the middle sister and pacemaker. As well as her aunts Prudence and Phoebe and later Piper and Paige relationship, Prue and Cassandra were always at odds. Charlotte had to act as the peacemaker.
Charlotte decided to follow Education at college but a year after enrolling, she left because she wanted to have more time for her job as a cupid. So her course is in standby.
Sweet, kind, generous, lovely, patient, calm, optimistic, peacemaker. Charlotte is more into the cupid thing that fighting demons. She doesn't say no to a fight against evil, but she is a lot more into the finding love to others thing. She is all about love. She has a sweet temper and tries to make everything look OK. When it comes to love for herself, Charlotte is very shy and tries to hide her true feelings when she thinks they are wrong.
She is very smart and intelligent. Charlotte is not afraid to tell what goes on her mind and what she thinks of a particular subject. She is often sensitive and compassionate towards others and thanks to her powers, she gives very sound advice. She is a lot like her mother.
However, when Ignatius/Tyree infected her with the Rage Stone, Charlotte became a much darker, brutally honest, and harsher version of herself. Every dark and bad thought she ever had - mainly towards Prue, was unleashed. Once the Rage Stone leaves her system she returns to a version of her old self.
Despite being a cupid, is not easy for Charlotte to find love for herself. She hides since high school that she was in love with her older sister´s boyfriend. She dated other guys but is not the kind of dating girl.
- She fell in love with him after Eric and her sister, Prue, broke up. However, she kept it a secret as she didn't want to hurt Prue or cause conflict with her sister. When Eric returned to San Francisco her old feelings returned, and she still hid it from her sister and everyone around her. She was a big support for Eric when he found out about the existence of magic, which made them get even closer. They eventually started to hang out and then dated. At first, Prue wasn't happy about her sister dating her ex-boyfriend, but eventually approved. The two have been in a serious romantic relationship ever since.
Charlie started dating Dennis non-exclusively, and they had more of a "friends-with-benefits" relationship, and weren't anything serious.
Professional LifeCharlotte originally hadn't graduated college and had decided to put her studies on hold. However, she eventually returned to school and graduated from college. Charlotte was the right-hand-girl of Paige and Leo at Magic School, and loves being there helping young witches and other magical beings with their powers. Since then, she has worked her way up from assistant, to teacher's assistant, and is now a teacher. She is also a full-time cupid, and she tries to keep herself away from demon-hunting unless it´s necessary, or if she is facing and evil creature.
Physical AppearanceCharlotte has medium brown hair and brown eyes. She has a little resemblance to her mother, Phoebe.
Her wardrobe is full of casual-casual chic and night clothes. She normally doesn´t wear revealing clothes but has some short skirts and tops and wears casual-professional clothes at work.
Her makeup is simple but she wears a little more makeup when going out at night.
Name´s MeaningParker is of Old English origin and means Park Keeper.
Charlotte is of Old German origin and means Free Man.
Halliwell is of Old English origin that means Lives by the holy spring.
- One of the three basic powers, is the ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- One of the three basic powers, is the ability to brew potions containing magical properties.
- One of the four basic powers, is the ability to locate a person or object by using a crystal, a map and a something it requires the use of other tools.
- One of the four basic powers, is the ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- The ability to deflect any supernatural power through the use of a blue energy-based shield. It is a power that only good beings possess and is granted to a witch per generation.
- The teleportation power used by Cupids and Cupid-Witches. Allows the user to teleport oneself to another place. It´s Charlotte´s only mean of transportation once she doesn't have a car.
- The ability to beam something or someone without orbing oneself.
- The ability to feel and understand other´s people feelings and emotions. Charlotte has full control over this power. She´s able to feel what her family members feel and still have control over it. It is unknown if Charlotte got this power from her mother or father or even both.
- The ability to redirect or use another person´s power / spell once they are activated. It is an extension of the Empathy power.
- This ability is centered around guiding mortals and healing emotional wounds. Someone who practices this can ease human suffering by using their intimate knowledge of what the other person is feeling or has gone through and then offering them advice and comfort.
Ring´s PowersCupid-witches don´t need a ring to use powers as Empathy or Beaming, but the following ones can only be used by the ones who possess a ring.
- The ability to sense mortal charges and any other magical beings anywhere in the world. Using the ring, a Cupid or Cupid-Witch can also sense where a person displaced in time belongs, even if they didn't displace them and can return them there. Charlotte uses this power on her charges and sometimes on her family.
- The ability to project images from one´s mind into reality. Holograms are projected light and energy based images of all shapes and sizes for a variety of effects and reasons. Charlotte hasn't shown this power yet.
- The ability to implant thoughts in a charge´s mind. They can suggest to their charges, telepathically, to take a chance on love. Charlotte succeeded when she tried to make her charges Iris and Dany to give a change to one another.
- The ability to travel in time to teach lessons to an unwilling person. Cupids are not allowed to change the past, but Prue did it when she used this power to prevent her mother was killed by a demon. This power allowed her to travel to the future as well.
- The ability to slow down or completely stop the flow of time. Cupids use this power to slow down time and implant thoughts to charges.
- The ability to read, speak and understand any language. Whitelighters and Cupids only use this power to communicate with charges.
- Cupids possess a limited form of this power. Charlotte possesses this power in a witch form, but with the cupid ring, she´s able to use some other powers. However, she hasn't performed any of the following powers yet it is known that she has them.
- Cupids use an energy field to bring energies field that are blocking their charges heart to the surface.
- The ability to transport another living being across any distance and place that living being in another´s person mind.
- The ability to absorb the soul of the dead. Cupids use it to transport the souls of dead children to Cupid´s Temple.
Destined One Status
- The ability to survive and lethal attacks and be resistant to injuries.
- The ability to heal and regenerate oneself´s bodily tissue and organs damaged as a result of injury. It´s automatic and is usually completed within seconds. Is the cupid´s version of self-healing. Charlotte doesn't possess this power yet once she needs a Whitelighter to heal her injuries. She might get it sometime in the future.
Live without a love for herself.
Notes & Trivia
- Charlotte was named after Charlotte Warren and from a list of 50 "P" compiled by Paige;
- Charlotte shares a few traits with her mother Phoebe and aunt Piper Halliwell. As well as Piper and Phoebe, Charlotte is the middle sister, making her the peacemaker between Prue and Cassandra;
- Charlotte also shares a few traits with her father, Coop;
- Out of all the Charmed Ones' daughters, Charlotte is fifth oldest and eighth oldest of Charmed progeny;
- Wyatt, Prue, Charlotte, and Phoebe are the only members of the family born in the Halliwell Manor. Due to this, they are all much more easily swayed between good and evil;
- Wyatt, Prue, and Charlotte were born at a time where their parents had no magic at all. However, when Charlotte was born, mortal beings had magic;
- She´s a Cancer;
- Charlotte´s Cupid Ring has a different shape from her father and sister´s rings.
- Charmed Wiki (Powers definitions)